Understanding the rules
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HMRC mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process. We're here to help ensure that you comply with all regulations and that overpayments are not made.
There will be some instances where your business may be below the VAT threshold, and in other instances voluntary registration may be beneficial, that's why we aim to give you advise on your personal and specific cases.
What does VAT registration require?
When you're successfully VAT registered you must charge VAT on all sales at the appropriate rate, all invoice or till receipts must display the business's VAT registration number and you will be required to submit VAT returns periodically (usually quarterly or annually).
To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes;
- Assistance with VAT registration.
- Advice on VAT planning and administration.
- Use of the most appropriate scheme.
- VAT control and reconciliation.
- Help with completing VAT returns.
- Planning to minimise future problems with HMRC.
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representation at VAT tribunals if necessary.
If we compile your annual accounts, your quarterly VAT returns are included within the cost of your overall package, meaning you just pass us the papers and we do the rest.